Did you smell that? …We didn’t think so. CO, also known as Carbon Monoxide, is something that you don’t have to think about in your day-to-day life. However, it is definitely a factor when protecting your household. Carbon Monoxide is odorless and tasteless; it’s a silent poison that leaves you unaware as it does its damage. It does, however, leave behind a few clues to give you time to act.

There are physical signs that you won’t want to ignore. These include headaches, dizziness, vomiting, and nausea. Long exposure can lead to unconsciousness and even death! The most visible indicators of high CO levels are black soot around your vents and scorch marks on the inside of your furnace door.

That’s why we here at Kentuckiana Comfort Center recommend getting your heating equipment serviced and cleaned annually. Even if your system is brand new or less than five years old, it’s better to play it safe than sorry. Give us a call today before you kick your winter system into high gear!